Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Avalon Diner

Haven't been to Avalon Diner forever, so long that I can't even find it in my own archive.  
I ordered the corn beef hash. That's my usual for breakfast here. As you can see the portion is great and no frills. They give you a generous portion of corn beef hash, and tons of hash browns. 

 While you can't see it, the service is fast.  You go in and if they're out of tables, you take a seat on the long green couch by the window, and as tables open up, ypu just move on down. I always liked going there. You get a piece of old Houston at Avalon. They have turned a soda shoppe to a diner over time. And diners are happy to line up for it. They are comstantly busy, snd the servers have a rthym to their service. Definitely a seamless orchestration by the time you sit, order, eat, and get you check. Definitely needs to go back more often. 

Avalon Diner
2417 Westheimer Rd
Houston, Tx 77098
http://avalondiner.com





No comments: