Wednesday, August 20, 2014

River Oaks Donuts

So when I was at River Oaks Donuts, I saw the Krownuts.
I was curious to give that a try.
Of course, I have to get my Fritter Bites.
They come in Chocolate and Cinnamon flavors.
When you cut it open, you can see all the layers.  In the middle you can see the filling.  I will admit that it's all very rich even for my taste.  The outside isn't soft like a crossant, it really has a hard chocolate shell with powdered sugar.  The layers do looks fluffy, but it is truly bready.  For $3.49, it is not a cheap way to ruin your teeth.  I'm glad I've tried it, it's not the Cronut I've imagined from watching various food shows, but glad I tried it.

River Oaks Donuts
3601 Westheimer Rd
Houston, TX 77027
713-961-9458
http://www.riveroaksdonuts.com/

No comments: