Thursday, October 2, 2014

Cloud 10

Whenever I'm in the Village, I always somehow ended up at Cloud 10.
This is their Hazelnut and Miso.  I actually can taste the nut... and it's not too sweet, guess that's the miso balancing it out.  What was surprising to me was that it was very smooth.  As it the ever cliche' silky smooth.  And I just kept thinking it would've kick it up a notch if they put some sesame in it or on it... hmm.  Next time!

You know what else is surprising?  They do these 5 or 7 course tasting.  From $50 to $75 per person.  They take care of you from amuse bouche to appetizers to entree to dessert.  Don't worry, you won't be having sweets for entree, it's proper entree.  So you can say it'll be a battle of the sweet vs. savory, and hopefully you'll be the winner at the end of it.  They will seat you at the bar at the side of the ice cream counter.  And Chris Leung will cook everything in front of you.  Of course, it's best to share with friends, and they seat max 6 people.  And you do need to make a reservation so they can plan the menu ahead of time.  Maybe I need to ask for that for my birthday... 

Cloud 10 Creamery
5216 Morningside
Houston, TX 77005
713-434-6129
http://www.cloud10creamery.com/

No comments: