Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Vietopia Vietnamese

A friend of mine wanted to get some good Asian food... with a baby, I can only think of one place.
... mostly because we live nearby and if we need to make an escape back with the baby, I can do so easily.  Plus, I know their service is fast and the food is good.
We got the duck appetizer.  The duck is roasted and the white stuff is coconut fried rice.  It's a little ball of solid rice.  And while the duck and the coconut rice mixed together doesn't feel harmonious, each of them individually was pretty darn good.  The duck wasn't dry and the coconut rice is sweet.  I'm definitely going to order this again, if anything each of those mix well with some other dish.
Then, I ordered the grilled pork, which I normally eat it with vermicelli, but by accident, the server said tomato rice and that sounded interesting, so I'd figure what the heck, I'll give it a whirl.  To my surprise, it was pretty good.  It may not be my usual stable, but for something I'm not normally a huge fan of, it was pretty tasty.  Works with the pork easily, and mixed with all the veggie, I actually cleaned the plate.

Vietopia
5176 Buffalo Speedway
Houston, TX 77005
713-664-7303
http://www.vietopiawestu.com/

No comments: