Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Maruya

While looking around at Little Tokyo, LA, decided to stop for lunch.
Maruya had a simple straight forward menu, figured it's pretty friendly and have seats available... sold!
First, really needed some refreshing Iced Green Tea.
With my lunch, it comes with miso soup.
Main entree was curry rice.  I just love Japanese Curry, they are a bit spicy with sweet.  Of course, it helps that the sauce is delicious and it's super great to mix with rice.  My only complain is that they needed to put potato in there.  The carbs, carbs and more carbs.  Of course, if they happened to have tender chicken, I'm all for it too.  That said, just the curry by itself does it right, so I don't need the others, just a nice-to-have.  The dish itself stand on its own.  It's a very simple Japanese style comfort food for me.

What I really like, you can tell a lot of business people nearby come here for lunch.  Their servers are friendly and get you your food fast, that was helpful.  We had a stroller in tow, and they put us where we can have more space and help get our kiddo settled.  Super kid friendly.

Maruya
104 Japanese Village Plaza
Los Angeles, CA 90012
213-613-9988
http://ramenmaruya.com


No comments: