Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Chung Wang BBQ

Driven around Asian Town in Katy a few times and saw this and curious.
It's super casual, you order at the counter and you grab a seat.  They mostly do to-go order, but they do have a few seatings at the shop.
I got the Jasmine tea, they do have a few drinks for sell, changes between a few different ones.
Got my 'go-to' dish: BBQ pork with chicken over rice.  They threw in a few bok choy in there.  I will say the Char Siu (BBQ pork) was done very well.  Very authentic and highly recommend.  The Chicken maybe because I got mostly bones and not much meat, but can't really say the taste is to par or not.  Usually, when they drizzle the ginger vinegar on top of the chicken, I cannot resist and would finish it all, but I didn't get that feeling.  That said, the pork did make up for it.

We ordered food to take home as well.  It was stir fry beef rice noodle.  It has lots of heat from the Wok, but sadly it has the color but not the taste.  Hopefully it'll improve overtime.

Chung Wang BBQ
23199 Colonial Parkway 
Suite B-1
Katy, TX 77449
281-783-8383
https://www.chungwangbbq.com/menu.aspx

No comments: