Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Original Ninfa's

Gosh, haven't been to the Original Ninfa's since the early 2000s.  Not because it wasn't good, the parking is not as accommodating as it is now.  The neighborhood hasn't been 'fixed up' until now.
I forgot how small the inside is, there's alot of great seating outside, so for good weather, that's worth while.  You don't have to valet, but as it gets later, there might not be an option to self-park.
While we already started with various appetizers, I ended up ordering Xochitl.  I haven't had their famous chicken soup for many years.  I love how the broth is simple but rich in flavor and the chicken is well cooked and seasoned.  It comes with rice, avocado, pico, and tortilla strips.  You can choose to dump all of that into the soup.  I only did the rice and the pico to add to the flavor.  It got plenty already, I was just greedy.  

Everyone from my boss to my coworkers were looking at me like crazy.  The company is paying for dinner and all I ordered was chicken soup.  They just never had this before to understand how rich in flavor the is.  This is not chicken soup for your soul, it's chicken soup for your belly.  It's nice and comforting and definitely don't get enough cred.  

If you do go to the original location, make sure you check several things.  First, make sure you make a reservation, because on any given night they are busy.  Simply because the brand is famous.  Second, check if there's any activity going on in that part of downtown, such as baseball, soccer, parade, concert, or anything else.  That will impact how you get there.  Besides cutting thru downtown, you can also cut thru I-45.  So, check before you go.  If you're going to the sporting events, they do have a shuttle service make sure you call in advance.

Original Ninfa's
2407 Navigation Blvd.
Houston, TX 77003
713-228-1175
https://ninfas.com

No comments: