Monday, April 1, 2019

Coppa Osteria

Went to spoil myself, and ended up at Coppa.
Since it's been a while since I've been here, items offered already changed, and my favorite dish became something else...
Some things don't change, like my Arnold Palmer... well ok, not much change to speak of, pretty standard drink these days.
Now, this is an off the menu item.  They used to offer anchovy as appetizer, which is no longer, but I know they have the fish back there.  The bartender was kind enough to go get me some.  I feel special to get something off the menu.
As I was saying, my favorite pasta is no more, and became reincarnation of something else.  I usually get the prosciutto with parmesan cream, but since they don't have that anymore, I settled for the Carbonara with their in-house gluten free pasta.  The parmesan cream is super thick and creamy.  They had an egg yoke on top when they first brought it over, so it added the creamy thickness.  Of course, I ask them to give me more parmesan cheese on top of my parmesan cream.  Delish!

I was lucky this round and found a street parking, it didn't take me more than an 30 mins - 45 mins for my meal.  If you do want to hang longer because the weather is nice, make sure you go back and check the meter. 

Coppa Osteria
5210 Morningside Dr
Houston, TX 77005
713-522-3535
https://www.coppaosteriahouston.com/

No comments: