Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Dessert Box - Chocolate Bomb

I saw on Instagram that Costco were selling these Chocolate Bombs, which of course, they are not available in my local Costco.  So I was searching for them everywhere.  Except all the fancy chocolatiers in town are not doing them.  Tons of Etsy though.  But as you know, shipping chocolate to Houston has its challenges... for instance humidity or heat are not ideal.
In come a Pop Up for The Dessert Box.  They were doing a special for a box of 4 chocolate bombs.  That is just totally serendipitous for me. 

It comes with 4 very nicely made chocolate bombs.  It is made with Belgian Chocolate on the outside.  Inside it has hot chocolate powder with mini marshmallow.  Tip: if you're a marshmallow fan like me, keep the mini marshmallow puffs handy, you'll want more to go with your hot chocolate.

The box also comes with 4 specially made Cinnamon Marshmallow.  Super cute but as far as homemade marshmallow goes, it was a tad drier than I'd like. 

They also do other dessert, that nigh of the pop up they were promoting Chocolate Bourbon cake and Rum Cake. 

I tried a bit of the Chocolate Bourbon cake, and you can taste the bourbon alright.  That said, it is very balanced in chocolate to alcohol to cake ratio.  I'd recommend it if I have a big group gathering (not any time soon).  

Otherwise, since I found the Chocolate Bomb lady, I've been buying from her to gift to friends and colleagues.  Highly recommend for upcoming teachers gifts.  Note, she is based in Spring area and for a nominal fee, she will deliver 5 miles in the area.  Every Monday, she will post special dessert that she's selling for Friday/Saturday delivery or pickup. She is super easy to work with, I highly recommend supporting local businesses. 

The Dessert Box
https://www.the-dessert-box.com/special-holiday-menu


 

No comments: