Monday, August 9, 2021

DIY Charcuterie Box

After learning about making my own charcuterie board, I decided to make it for a smaller set.
Actually, you can find all the ingredients at either Trader Joe's or Kroger.  Kroger actually has a lot of cheese selections.  However fancy or not, plenty to choose from.

I will say, the packaging at Trader's Joe is perfect for these smaller boxes.  There are 3 kinds of cheese, 2 kinds of meat, some crackers, some nuts, some dried fruit. 

I just used an old take out box, of course cleaned it up.  Then, just fit what I can.  Instead of doing it all cheese one side, I just mix and matches around.  I did think about putting some honey in there, but couldn't really fit since the jar takes up more room.  

Another idea, cut up a round brie and put a section in there.  Of course, if you want to go easy, get the Babybel wedge or Laughing Cow wedge.  Another idea, wrap the meat around a small wedge, that'll work too.  For the cheese, keep it simple, start with cheddar and Swiss, and go from there.  For meat, start with salami, prosciutto, and get fancy from there.

By the way, the fancy folds: just fold it half and then quarter, as you stack them they become a little wave, which looks nice.  Give that a try.

 

No comments: