Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Roma

Finally got to try Roma in the Village.
By the way, a reservation is highly highly recommended. The place is small so unless the weather is nice to sit out at the patio, be sure to call ahead.

This is the Meatballs with Mozzarella and ricotta and marinara sauce.  It's delicious with ricotta. 

Fritto Misto - was thinking along the calamari type, but this was more shrimps and good decent size ones too.  Not a bad start.
Burrata with Prosciutto de Parma - what I love about this is that they have fig and tomato with the arugula salad.  I would get this on its own. 

Paccheri with Shrimp - it is noodles, shrimp, asparagus - sauce paired nicely and not big enough. Haha

Cacio e Pepe prepared table side. It is fetticcine in a big o' wheel of Romano and they just twirl it around in the wheel of cheese and then serve it in your bowl.  Too bad there's no protein to accompany it, but it's pretty dang good. 

For sides, it was recommend that we get the potato, so we did.

Also a side of some vegetables. 
Dessert, I ordered the tiramisu, but after having Brian's, I really don't care for this version.  This one has cream upon cream.  Barely any lady fingers, and the bit that you do get are too soggy and didn't have any espresso taste to it. I picked at it for a bit and gave up.

Then ended the night with a cup of cappuccino, which was pretty much exactly the same as a latte for some reason.  

Do call ahead for reservation, as mentioned the place is small.  If it's cold folks will want to sit inside more than the patio.  They do have heat lamps available, but getting there early will help secure a prime seat with the heater.  

That said, when I made a reservation, they called to confirm.  I told them that I had hoped to moved back 15 mins, at first they were not about to accommodate.  But then as they got cancellations, they did call me back and accommodated, which I appreciated.  The hosting staff even at arrival was very kind and accommodating.  Wait staff however, there seems to be 3 and 2 supports to help deliver or clear tables.  That's made the dinner longer than usual.  Luckily, I really was enjoying my company that evening.

Parking: it could be tricky since it's the Village and dinner time is high traffic area.  If you think you can finish the meal in 2 hours, the parking in the garage is free.  After 2 hours they will begin to charge.   Street parking if you are lucky, please do watching for signs.  They have meter at the shopping center, but not the nifty ones that sends you a text when it's about to expire.  They do have valet just have to be patient, it's one person.  I snuck over at the bank's parking lot after business hours, and before the valet blocked the spots.  I waited to see if they were going to have me move but no one said anything, so I kept on walking.  So, pay attention as you park in the area.

Roma 
2347 University Blvd
Houston, TX 77005
713-664-7581
https://romahouston.com



 

No comments: