Thursday, February 17, 2022

Aka Sushi

Went to Aka for a pickup order.  To my dismay their quality and service had gone down.  Now, I understand that's not unique to them, but to a point that it was decent to subpar, was a great disparity.
I got an Unaju lunch set - which comes with salad and miso soup.  But was very curious that they boxed the entire meal in a small box.  That was a head scratcher, but ok, since I'm just eating it.  Whatever.  Taste was missing something but passable.

I ordered the sweet potato tempura.  Now, I have to be lenient because it cool down when I drove home.  But it did not come with any sauce, which was a big part of the dish.  But not only that, the inside was soggy... I only thought it'd be soggy on the outside since it was fried.  But inside mushy???  That's odd.

At any rate, I'm pretty sure I was the first phone in order.  The person who answered the phone sounded disheveled, maybe caught him off guard.  Then I tried to place my order, and he sounded unfamiliar.  Then that makes me worry, in theory, menu should be nearby.  When I arrived, sushi chefs were busy cutting but no one acknowledge my present.  I finally had to get their attention to flag down someone to assist.  This is a drastic different from the services they have in the past.  Not to mention, their website is down, which makes me think that they're on the decline and may possibly exit the business.  I hope that's not the case, ad they go back to their once glory state.  While I know this is a super first world problem, I hope that was a fluke.

Aka Sushi House
2390 W. Alabama 
Houston, TX 77098
713-807-7875 


 

No comments: