Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Frank's Chop House

Apologies for the horrible photos, but I swear it does not reflect on the taste of the food themselves... Will work on that better next round.

So the hub wanted to go to Frank's for dinner. I've heard of it, driven by it, never thought of stopping, just didn't grab me like some other chophouses do.

That said, the food tells a whole different story. I had ordered a cheese souffle, it was a parmesan cheese souffle paired w/ arugula with a parmesan chip at the bottom of the souffle. The dressing was a thin vinegarette, so it paired up nicely and lightly.

For the entree, I ordered a 6oz filet and it came w/ mashed potatoes, mushroom, and horseradish cream. The filet was good, not the best filet I've ever had, instead of mashed potatoes I took the up charge and replaced it w/ au gratin (hence the picture above). The horseradish was too zingy, did nothing for me.
Here's my thing about this place, it's very much targeted for more matured audience. I think a bunch of teenager going to prom happen to find an opening for a fancy dinner and they were the youngest in the restaurants, but otherwise, I dare say that my husband and I were the youngest next to those kids.

I also didn't know that Frank the owner was there, and he was promoting his homegrown tomatoes. Apparently, that's quite a popular hit w/ the regulars, because almost everyone stopped by the table and purchase them pound after pound. I am surprised at this because right across the street is Rice Epicurean and catty corner is Central Market, so those tomatoes must be special.

The other fact I didn't know was that Frank the owner also owns Crapittos, Cucina Italian down the street on Midlane and Westheimer. I'm more incline to try that place as the setting is more catered to business crowds in the Galleria area, versus Frank was catering to older generations in the neighborhood.

Frank's Chophouse
3736 Westheimer
Houston, TX 77027
713-572-8600
http://www.frankschophouse.com/

No comments: