Thursday, June 23, 2011

Quattro

Not too long ago, Groupon was doing a deal with Quattro. I am frankly very surprise because for a high class place like Quattro inside Four Seasons Hotel would do a deal w/ the masses. Honestly, I can understand from the stand point that 'normal' people don't make their way downtown, little to say go to a fancy high class hotel just to go eat there.

Anyway, we thought we'd make a night out of it. Here's the thing about the Groupon or the like for this restaurant. It doesn't matter almost any deal they offer is not going to help w/ the bill. Their price is high and not that they don't deserve it, but I don't feel like I'm getting the most bang for my buck.

I ordered the Anatra, which was roasted duck breast with this sweet and sour sauce. The plating was pretty, the orange slice is actually crispy. The duck has a bit of that crunchy on the sides too. Just wish that the breast was a tad bigger. Figured that I should get a side of veggie just to add a dose of healthy in there somewhere.
I ended up ordering a tiramisu for dessert, and sadly, that wasn't the best dessert I've ever had there. I've had a great creme brulee' there and I'd much recommend that. That bill, my friend teased that my 2 shirley temple was the same price as his Gin Tonic. Yeah, we find that ironic too.

We always tip the total amount of the original tab even if we redeem one of the coupons. In this case, the $30 deal didn't really make a dent. My recommendation, go to Quattro for what it is: a good Italian food w/ innovative cooking style to fuse alot of flavors together. If you wait for one of these coupon deals it's not worth your while. Just save up some dough and go and enjoy it, all 3 courses of it. Or for cheaper version, check out their wine tasting events, weekend brunch, or happy hour.

Quattro (inside Four Seasons Hotel)
1300 Lamar Street
Houston, TX 77010
713-276-4700
http://www.quattrorestauranthouston.com/
Reservations is recommended (go on OpenTable and earn points)
They also validate parking

No comments: