Monday, October 24, 2011

Cafetasia

A while back, when I was getting all sorts of random emails, one of them was about this new Asian eatery in NY. I save emails like that in the event that a, I get to go there, or b, they're still in business. I was happy to find that Cafetasia is one that is still doing well.
Located in the NYU district, Cafetasia's menu is mostly Thai based. That said, it has their spin on alot of the typical Thai dish, and more fusion too. The decoration is also very unusual. You have these picnic tables that you do end up sharing with stranger but that's doesn't stop you from enjoying good food.

I ordered the Cafetasia Lemonade. It has lychee in it, and it's not at all tart, and it's definitely refreshing with a hint of basil.
For their lunch special: $8 it comes with an appetizer and entree. I chose the gyo-za just because I haven't had any decent ones in a long time. To my surprise, it wasn't as good as I thought it'd be. It seems like it's been sitting out too long. The middle part is soggy and the sides are not crispy and a tad cool.
My appetizer, before I knew about the one that comes with my lunch. Was the salmon roll. The roll was so big that they give you a steak knife to cut it apart. I think it was bigger than a normal sushi roll that we get. Of course, those weren't fried on the outside, and it's not massive like this. It does taste pretty good with the peanut sauce from the bottom.
My main entree is the Spicy Beef Salad. See, when I got it, I didn't think it comes with rice. But it does compliement well with the rice. I swear, even if the rest of the dish isn't there, they can douse the chili-lime dressing on the rice and I'll eat that up. The salad is consisted of beef, which was a tad dry from the grilling. Water cress, chopped green apple, greens and cilantro.
Cafetasia
38 E 8th St(between University Pl & Greene St)
New York, NY 10003
(212) 529-2363
www.cafetasia.com

No comments: