Monday, October 10, 2011

Sorrento

Sorry for the dim photo. The place was dark, my phone wasn't picking up light and the candle was doing all that it could.

But I was there for a glass of wine with a friend of mine, and both of us wanted to have some soup, so I ordered the Lobster Bisque. If I get the chance, I usually do jump on that opportunity.

I will say this, while it looks like any bisque would, on the creamy based soup, you don't feel like you're drinking cream. So, that's good. On the flip side, I think I'd like to have more meat to go with that soup. It was tiny pieces to go with my soup. Even Pappadeaux has more meat in their bisque.

They do have a lovely bread basket that they come around and show you this array of bread with their olive oil & pepper. It was delightful, but be sure not to fill yourself up with bread. They have an extensive wine list that caters to all taste, you will never feel like you can't find what you want. On top of that, their pianist in the evening has a great sense of humor. While playing ambiance music, it wouldn't be surprising to hear him play the theme song to Peanuts.

Sorrento Italian Restaurant
415 Westheimer,
Houston TX 77006
Phone Number- 713-527-0609
http://www.sorrentohouston.com

No comments: