Thursday, October 20, 2011

Yu Ka Sushi Restaurant

When my friend told me we're going to an All-You-Can-Eat Sushi place, I was kinda leary about that. If we wouldn't want to go to a sushi buffet, why would you want to go to an all-you-can-eat? Boy was I proven wrong here.
First of all, this is a hole in the wall. Situated on 2nd & 81st, it's a tiny little place next to a corner Starbucks. For $25, all you can eat, everything made to order and fresh! I'm super impressed! Of course, we went to town.
I let my friend do the ordering, I always let the locals do the leading because they have a better idea than I do. Even though, sushi is pretty much standard most places you go. We ordered 10 of several things, and at first I didn't think we'd finish. But we did polish them off. More so him than me. ^_^
The salmon was super fresh, the roe was neatly put together. Not to mention, the sushi chefs behind the counter and most of the staff are authentic Japanese. That's something we don't get in Houston. The chefs are pretty funky, one of them was singing and wiggling along to Brittany Spears while making our maki. Too funny.

And yes, you can order by the menu. But $25 all you can eat, including gratuity but not tax. It's a great deal for fresh fish.

Yu Ka Sushi
1557 Second Ave. (bet. 80th & 81st Sts.) next to Starbucks
Manhattan, NY 10028
212-772-9675

No comments: