Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Bonga Garden Restaurant

The other day, I was just craving Korean BBQ. Since David went on Paleo diet, alot of the outings we used to do, we've stopped. Literally, we haven't been to K-BBQ for about 2 years. So, when I got a chance to talked my friends into it, I snapped at the chance.

The biggest thing they're known for is the table barbeque. So we ordered a beef and a pork to barbeque. Sizzling. And don't wear sweaters to go K-BBQ because it will make your hair and clothes smell... mine already went to the cleaners.
What else I love about the K-BBQ is the side dishes. I would say, that mostly depend on the restaurant. I loved the little fish cakes, kimchi, and little fishes (which are anchioves), but they don't have anchioves here.
One unique thing is that this one restaurant in particular serves purple rice. You don't see that very often. As a matter of fact, the only other time I've seen it was having Korean in Dallas. It doesn't taste any different than normal white rice, but it's just uniquely adding color to your meal.
This is a Seafood Hot Pot, it's literally a sea of seafood in a pot with occasionally veggie.
Here's what's in my bowl. The soup is a little spicy, and yes there are squid, mussel, fish, sprouts, chives, veggie of some kind.

I want to thank the girls that took me there, this is a hole in the wall that is definitely a gem.

Bon Ga (Gargen Restaurant)
9861 Long Point Rd
Houston, TX 77055
(713) 461-5265

No comments: