Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Nippon

I know we were just here not too long ago, but it's so good that we can't wait to come back. The wait was longer this time, but it is still well worth it.

For starter, I had the kani salad. This is not the usual kani salad that I'm used to, which was usually imitation crab with gobs of mayo and mixed it topped with sesame seeds. This one has pickled cucumber, but still fresh, with real crab meat on top. Not super sour just a little to taste.

The rest I just ordered sepearately. From top: Salmon skin handroll (which has a nice chunk of salmon with skin on it, usually in other places, just crispy skin with hardly any meat), chopped scallop, unagi at the bottom, and tuna (which was very fresh and not gamey).

As you know ordering sushi by pieces are more expensive than rolls but since it's so fresh I don't really care... you shouldn't either.

Nippon Japanese Restaurant
4464 Montrose Blvd
Houston, TX 77006
(713) 523-3939

No comments: