Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Kata Robata

I have a co-worker in town to do some training, so when he asked where the good sushi is, I didn't hestitate to recommend Kata Robata.

For starter, we had the Pork Belly Buns. It's very nice, and pork belly is braised and they have some pickled onions for you to add to your pocket. But, the bun itself has enough flavors that we didn't think it needed it. Although, it reminds me of the Eatsie Boy's Pork Snuggie quite a bit.
We then ordered a few rolls to share: this is the Pork belly roll, which has pork belly, avacado, sliced thin egg, and jalapeno. I keep removing the jalapeno, so I can't tell you how spicy or not that it is. But for the rest of the part, the egg was unique, you can barely get the pork flavor out, between the sauce and the egg, but I wouldn't mind re-visiting it again.
Then we had the Sexy Scallop, which has scallop bits and tobiko. I remember the flavor was super fresh, and I just love anything with caviar. Lastly, we ordered the Salmon & Soft shelled Crab. It has a little bit of green on top, so I felt totally healthy for eating that. (haha). It has a little kick to it because they added the Korean BBQ powder.
Of course, I can't just leave without having some mochi. I know, I'm a total pig in front of co-workers. But from left to right, it was green tea, strawberry, and mango. On the left side, it has tempura-ed banana with a dab of whip cream with a pocky stick on top. I have to say, I miss mochi, and this was a perfect size for sharing.

Kata Robata
3600 Kirby Suite H
Houston TX 77099
Tel:713.526.8858
http://katarobata.com/

No comments: