Friday, January 27, 2012

no glitz mac


So for NYE, I decided to make some macarons for my friend's party. It seemed like a festive thing to do. And I managed to hunt down black color gel, so I was just beyond myself. In my head, I was thinking, it will be black and have glimmer of glitz a la Lady Macaron. So in my head, everything works out perfectly, especially I got me some pearl dust.

These were still a tad close, you can see that they're holding hands...
So, while at SLT, they didn't have the pastry brush I wanted, the sales clerk recommended to use kids painting brush which will do just as good of a job. So I did. I've seen people put some lemon juice and add the pearl dust. So I did.

Let's just say, it didn't turn up. I can show you a picture, but it'll just show up like the gray/black macs you saw up there. Yep, you got it, diddly squat. So the effort to glitz was a bust.



The buttercream is also only so-so for me. Again, NYE, I thought, what would be better than to have a champagne filling. You can't have just champagne, so I did a buttercream instead. Hindsight, I would've liked the white chocolate ganache better, but I didn't have time to sit it overnight.

I just did what I called a lazy buttercream, literally butter and sugar. I dropped a few drops of champagne, pink food gel. It's all nice a pink. As far as taste goes, I think it has a bit of sour champagne brought to it. Over the cookies wasn't bad, I think I would've liked it with some thicker agent like the white chocolate to balance it out.


So, here's my NYE mac!

No comments: