Monday, April 1, 2013

Torchy's Tacos

I've been wanting to try Torchy's for a while now, since I didn't grow up with Torchy, I fully treat this Austin transplant as just another place.
I know alot of people have fond memories of place, so let's see if they measure up.
This is the green chile queso.  They weren't joking to say that there's a kick.  But you can see the chile, more cheese on top of cheese, and hot sauce.  Truthfully, it's not as spicy as it looks, it does have a kick but not hot.
This is Mr. Pink, they got my order wrong and gave me my friend's.  This is seared salmon, queso fresco, cabbage, and chipotle sauce. 

I had ordered the green chile pork, hope to try that next time.
This is the Democrat, which has barbacoa, avocado, queso fresco, cilantro, onions to boot.

If you go to the Shepherd location, go during non-prime time, you can get a parking AND a seat.  Parking there sucks, but do go around the building to try your luck.  I will say that there are times you may run into unneighborly people who are not polite, won't back up, and will make you go around the building.  I advise you to bring your patience.  Once you get in, the line maybe long, your luck of finding a seating may be just that, luck.  But, the food is not bad.  Is it good enough for me to come back and put up with the parking and seating?  Probably not, but if another location pop up with friendlier circumstance, I'd be happy to give them another shot.

Torchy's Taco
2411 S. Shepherd
between Westheimer & Fairview
Houston, TX 
713-595-8226
http://torchystacos.com/


No comments: