Monday, September 8, 2014

Sabai Thai

After a long day of shopping at Sugar Land mall, it's best to sit down and grab a meal.  On our way out of the mall's parking lot, we saw Sabai Thai, which my mom has been before.  But thought I'd give that a shot too.
This is the Thai Iced Tea, it's made with black tea and condensed milk.  Super delicious and refreshing for a hot Texas day.
This is Ong Choy, also known is Water Spinach, or some people called it emptied middle veggie.  It's leafy, has a bit of sweetness but a little nutty undertone too.
Beef Pad Thai, pretty good, and you can tell it has what we call the Wok Chi, which you can taste the 'fire' came from the Wok that cooked it.  
My favorite was this, the Mango Sticky Rice.  They drizzled coconut milk over the mango and rice.  There were bits of sticky rice that was burnt, but I don't care, the combo was so good, the mango was so fresh that I ate as much as I could... which obviously not the entire dish, though my heart wanted to, my stomach said no.  So I obeyed.

The dishes are good here, isn't over the top, which matches the entire place.  Low key, but put out good dishes.  Glad we found this place on our way out.  It was a gem in a hidden strip center.  Definitely worth going back.

Sabai Thai
2705 Town Center Rd
Sugarland, TX 77479
281-325-1007
http://www.sabaithaicafe.com/index.html

No comments: