Monday, September 15, 2014

The Toreore

This week will be all Asian food themed... not on purpose, just how things lined up.

Ended up at H-Mart over by I-10, and decided to grab lunch before grocery shopping.
Since Korean Fried Chicken has became such a thing after the popular Korean TV Drama.  I thought I'd give it a try to see what's it all about.  Now, not watching the show, did not know if this is the same resemblance or not, but I was in the mood to try something different, so what the hey!
Here's our lady cooking and mixing it all together for us...
Don't think that dish is small, I cannot finish it in one sitting.  Basically, it's fried chicken, with a spicy sauce, mixed in with the Korean Rice Cake (that's the little round white stuff).  The Rice Cake consistency is that of thick noodles.  And yes, you saw there's pepper, and it is spicy.  At first you didn't notice the heat, but after a few bite, you can feel it in the back of your throat; mind you, I got the Original, which is not supposed to be spicy.  If you're a fan of spicy, this is for you...  The side bowl is pickled veggie to balance out the spice.  But I was too far gone to appreciate it.

This is located inside H-Mart on Blalock near I-10, inside the food court area.  I take it is a franchise that opens a location wherever H-Mart has a location across US.  That said, every stall there, at the Houston H-Mark, has good food, you cannot go wrong if you were to do lunch there.  Give that a try.

The Toreore
inside H-Mart
1302 Blalock
Houston, TX 
713-468-0606


No comments: