Monday, February 23, 2015

Osaka

It's been a long time since I've been to Osaka, it was nice to stop by for lunch.
 As usual, they give you the freebie when you sit down... I got shu mai (on the left) and a seafood on bell pepper tempura style.
 For whatever reason, knowing the freebies were coming, I still ordered Agadeshi Tofu, they threw in a tempura shrimp to be generous. 
 I ordered salmon sushi and chopped scallops.  Surprisingly, the salmon was super fresh that day.  Unfortunately, I ordered not spicy chopped scallop, and they read more spicy, because you see a big blot of hot sauce on top. 
I got the negi beef roll.  Which I haven't had for a very long time.  The beef remind me of the Japanese version of bulgogi, and you wrap that in sushi with the sweet eel sauce.  It's just delightful.  

Even though their prices went up, it's good for a quick bite.  Though, I was wondering why I didn't go to Kata or some other higher end sushi place for that price.  I did think about getting chirashi for $16 would've satisfy the sushi craving too.

Osaka Japanese Restaurant
4001 Bellaire Blvd
Ste J
Houston, TX 77025

No comments: