Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Golden Panda

My dad came into town, so we took advantage of this time to try a new place.
This is sweet soy milk warm, very much like a soup/congee.  The top layer is an egg.
I believe this is the spicy beef noodles which is what the shop is known for... I didn't get a chance to try it, but it looked good.
Sweet sticky rice, inside is fried dough with peanuts and sugar.  So, yeah, it's like having dessert for breakfast.
Scallion bread, which is funny because my 21 month old though it was pizza.  I loved it, it was not too heavy on the scallion, just enough to have a taste, I liked it.
Shanghai Soup Dumpling, they don't have as much consummate as it's was almost dry.  It's not bad, but wish there's more soup.  The meat wasn't as flavorful either, not sure if the lack of soup inside the dumpling has to do with that or not.  

Basically, this place give another option for breakfast in Chinatown, which there aren't that many that opens early.  The decor is hip, the service is spotty, but the food is decent minus the soup dumplings.  I think I would want to come back and try either lunch or dinner, seems like they have some dishes I'll definitely like to try.

Golden Panda
9889 Bellaire Blvd
Ste 309
Houston, TX 
832-831-4998
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Golden-Panda/440757262730300

No comments: