Monday, August 7, 2017

Ciao Bello

Went to Ciao Bello for a work dinner.
We started off with a cold cut plate, which has salami, prosciutto, grilled pepper, cheese of 3 types and 2 kinds of olive.

 We got the side room of the places, which is pretty much the length of the restaurant.
 This is a carb-lovers dream, bread, bread, and more bread.
 I got the grilled Cesar to start.  It's unique in that they have lettuce leaves, grilled, topped with shredded parmesan, with anchovy (which to me is the best way), and you just cut.  It's a huge mount of cheese, but not a lot of fish, so it's not over empowering.
 For entree, I got the scollop, it's not bad, but I kinda regret not getting the Lobster Risotto when I saw someone else got it.  The scallops are fine, the sauce was a tad spicier than I care to be.  The risotto that accompanied the dish, was so-so.  Like I said, I kinda regret not getting the Lobster Risotto. 
For dessert, I got the Strawberry Cassata, which is an angel food cake with ricotta cheese and of course strawberries.  Amazingly, it is super light, you don't feel like you need to be wheeled out of there, but the portion is huge, great for sharing.

From what we understand, while they take walk-ins, it's best to make a reservation.  Parking is not exactly an issue, they have reserved spots for the restaurant, and plenty of parking outside.

Ciao Bello
5161 San Felipe
Houston, TX 77056
713-960-0333
https://ciaobellohouston.com/



No comments: