Tuesday, August 22, 2017

HRW: Del Frisco's

Another Houston Restaurant Week pick:
It is super close to work, I can easily walk there.  That said, for lunch, I still went ahead and made reservation, and always glad that I did, in case an influx of people decided to show up.
First course, I got the Caesar, which was good.  The croutons are too big for my taste, but the dressing is good, so I'll take that.
For the main course, I got the Wagyu French Dip.  I was enticed by the Wagyu of course...  It came with the au jus sauce, horseradish and ketchup for your fries.
Look at all the beef.  It was filling for sure, I had this half and was plenty.  That said, I can't really taste the difference between Wagyu in the sliced form, versus the steak form.   Steak, you can tell right away, how tender the meat is.  Since it's all sliced, it was not easy to tell.  Dipping in the sauce was good, but it just muddied up my taste bud further to tell the difference.

For dessert, I got the bread pudding, and like 51Fifteen, that was too much bread for one meal for me, so I took it to go.

Of course, you know service would be good, and I will say, seating upstairs has a lot of advantage than downstairs.  The servers upstairs are very attentive and even though they have to come up to bring you your dish, they never failed to get it right.  Happy with the service even the food was so-so.

Del Frisco's
5061 Westheimer Rd
Ste 8060
Houston, TX 77056
713-355-2600
https://delfriscos.com

No comments: