Tuesday, August 15, 2017

HRW: 51Fifteen

My Houston Restaurant Week second visit is 51Fifteen for lunch.
 51Fifteen has since renovated and address technically isn't 5115 anymore, but they kept the name since it already has a reputation.  
 I again started with Ceasar, which this one is tossed because they gave you slices of romaine lettuce instead of half of it.  With shaved parmesan and croutons.  It was already delicious, wonder what will come next.
 I got the grilled chicken and brie club...
 ... I was lured by the brie mix in a club sandwich.  So, a closer look, you get fresh chicken grilled, bacon, onions, poblano pepper spread and some greens.  It was a lot of food, ended up taking half of it home for leftovers.  

I like that the chicken is fresh and the combo between the cheese, the pepper spread, and the bacon, all went well together, that was a delightful discovery.
 For dessert, I got the white chocolate bread pudding.

I will say this, my lunch companion had good looking steaks that made me envy.  So, I learn that next time, try not to order bread, bread, and more bread... what can I say?  My eyes were bigger than my stomach, as usual...Shake My Head.

Typically for lunch, they give you 2 courses, but some of them give you 3, which for $20 lunch, it's a great deal.  Of course, you have to pace yourself too.  Highly recommend you make a reservation for this place because while it's non- Restaurant Week they are packed.  Yes, mostly ladies who lunch, but also a lot of business lunches going on as well.  So, book either online or by phone.

51Fifteen
5135 Westheimer Rd
Houston, TX 77056
713-963-8067
http://51fifteen.com

No comments: