Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Morningside Thai

This is actually my first time at the new location for Morningside Thai...
... you know, not on Morningside (near Rice Village).
My friend ordered fish cakes to share.  Fish cakes aren't atypical at all, but it is my first time having it with pickles and it's actually pretty refreshing.
My favorite, Thai Iced Coffee, needed a bit of caffeine to help stay up past bed time.
Saw on their specials that they have crab fried rice, had to try it.  Purposely did not gorge myself, so I can save room for dessert.
Mango sticky rice.  The sticky rice is a type of grain that cooks sticky.  They use coconut milk instead of water to cook it.  And topped with Mango slices.  YUMMO!  Is this the best coconut stick rice with Mango I've ever had no.  But since I haven't had it for such a long time that this is a close third (second is Thai Gourmet).  

Morningside Thai Restaurant
2473A S. Braeswood
Houston, TX 77030
713-661-4400
http://www.morningsidethai.com

No comments: