Monday, October 23, 2017

Ohn Korean Eatery

Finally got a chance to go over to Ohn.
Been seeing pics on their food and decor, and been jealous ever since.
This is the Melona Makgeolli Smoothie.  This is a sweet alcoholic smoothie that has about 6-8% alcohol content.
Some side dishes that Koreans are known for, kimchi, scallion with sesame and soy, and pickle with spicy sauce.
When you watch enough Kdrama, you tend to crave some deokboki (rice cake).  You see the characters eating them at a street food stall and enjoy them so much that makes you want to too.  They're stir fried and this is done with sweet soy sauce which is totally up my ally.  It also has scallion and mushroom in the dish.
Chicken Wings, per our server's recommendation, we got the garlic soy wings.  The other options are spicier, which is not really my cup of tea.  That said, these wings are pretty damn good.
This is the reason for coming here - Army Soup... it does makes me wonder if the mandatory service for all the Korean men, if they really eat this. 
Here's the other view, so let me tell you what's in this gigantic mess.  It has ramen noodles, beans, lettuce at the bottom (not seen), tofu, sausage, kimchi, baked beans, and spam.  I know what you're thinking.  I thought it too, but since I was curious, I had to know what it taste like.

So, the kimchi is pretty strong, and after soaking it while it cooks, it's pretty strong and empowering.  I would say, the soup starts out as not spicy, but by the time you stir up everything else, it's pretty darn hot.

Over all, it's a lot of food, even for 2 people.  the environment is really cool, makes you feel like you're at a food stall.  They are also smart that the walls in the middle booths are moveable to accommodate bigger parties but yet still feel separated from other guests.  They play lots of Kpop, and I actually recognized a few songs too.  Mind you, I've only been watching Kdrama for less than a year.   Definitely want to try to soju next time.  

Ohn Korean Eatery
9630 Clarewood Dr
A-16
Houston, TX 77036
832-831-1862




No comments: