Monday, October 30, 2017

B&B Butchers

Beautiful day to enjoy the deck...
...B&B Butcher's deck, that is.
Came here with some out of town work guests.
Just in case you're wondering what's so great about the deck, let's check out the view!
Under advisement of a lot of folks, we got the bacon 3 ways.  Top one is thick cut bacon, bottom right is Chef Tommy's Bacon (which is blue cheese with truffle infused honey glazed), and lamb on the left.  They have a small side salad, in case you needed some balance.  All of them were awesome, I was most looking forward to the Chef Tommy's bacon, just because I've never had it before.  But turned out, lamb was my favorite.  I've never had lamb bacon before, but something about they way they cooked it, it was so good.
Of course, we have to get the Carpet Bagger on the Half shelf, that is: fried oyster on top, big piece of bacon in the middle and a small piece of steak at the bottom.  There's cheese crumbled all around with a touch of hot sauce.  Oh my goodness, soooooo good.  I know there were a few non-oyster fans at the table, but let me tell you, the fried oyster came out great and between the cheese and hot sauce, it just complements.  The oyster-slimey effect, totally non-existence.
Giant shrimp wrapped with bacon, so meaty, both shrimp and bacon, so delicious.
Beautiful weather and great food, what more do you want?!
And comes the entree, since I got my meat filling quota from the appetizers, got a lobster instead.  It's delicious, and as everyone at the table talking about everything business and not, I just scuffed down the lobster quietly... it was good, no words needed.  
Now for some sides.  We got (top) creamed spinach, pretty good.  (Bottom) bacon mac and cheese, so good that I keep picking at it.  I think I turned a few people at the table into believers as well.  It is really dang good between the cheese and more bacon.
Gotta have some greens at the table, even though not very many people touched it.  We have broccoli with almond, and asparagus.  I think I'm the only person that touched them.  By the way, I wasn't the one that ordered it.
Our big boss ordered dessert sampler who am I to say no?  We have (L to right): apple crumble, baked Alaska, and Mango sorbet.
And we have FLAMBE'.  That's really our whole reason for getting it.  For the fire....  

they are delicious too, the apple crumble was my favorite.  The baked Alaska has a cookie bottom and it's 3 huge layers of Napoleon ice cream.  And the mango sorbet has some real fruit in the mix, very fresh and refreshing for a hot day.
At the end, this is our view.  You don't get any better than this.

The food is top notch, there was no compliant from anyone at the table about their food.  Even the fish was done well, and the steak of course was delicious.  The service is also top notch, out of a table of 8, not once did our server forget anything.  I would say the music was a bit loud for a dinner service, and we did bright it up to the server, but it never was lowered.  Just made it a tad difficult for conversation.  Of course, always make a reservation here.  Funny story, I had done my reservation online, the 2 days before I got an email reminder, the day before I got a text confirmation, and the day of, I got a phone call.  I get that you want to confirm, but wow 3 forms of communications, they REALLY want to make sure you're coming.  Lastly, you don't need to valet, they do have a huge lot for parking.

B&B Butchers
1814 Washington Ave
Houston, TX 77007
713-862-1814
http://bbbutchers.com

No comments: