Monday, October 16, 2017

Melange Creperie

It's definitely been a long time since I've had me some Melange Crepe.
 They just got a brand spankin' new place in the Heights Merc (that's what the hip kids are calling it).
 So good to see Shawn at this awesome space doing his thing!  We were here at the soft opening
 They even showcase some of the new menu items, which features few different types of salad.
Check out that new space, so spiffy and classy.
We have (L to R): unsweetened tea, cucumber mint fresca, hibiscus fresca, I hope they make it on to the menu, they're very refreshing.
 Classic Ham and Cheese crepe.
 Thai Chicken, totally a MUST TRY!  So good and not to be underestimated.
 This is a vegetarian option, which is veggie and gouda, which was very good-a.
 They even offer us to try out the coffee.  This is the Nutella Coffee.  I think I'd like to try it when it's warm, but happy that they're offering that as an option.  And they have an espresso machine, can imagine they offer the typical array of coffee beverages.
 Last but not least, Chocolate Nutella crepe.  It is one of their most popular ones for the sweet tooth that I am.  Now, this is a mini crepe size and totally do-able after trying all the other crepes.

The space is totally hip and spiffy.  It is at 11th and Heights, where the new Heights Mercantile is located.  They are facing the inside, but not hard to get to, and there are plenty of parking between the buildings.  If not, the parking on Heights Blvd is friendly enough, just need to pay attention to kids since they are across from a playground and a lot of kids at the nearby Cloud10 ice cream.  It is also where a bike trail cuts thru, so pay attention to pedestrian traffic.

I have literally been supporting Buffalo Shawn since the first day he set up at Mango (the Montrose location).  I am ever so proud that I'll be running late for work to wait for him to set up his stall in front of a bus stop so that I get my Patty Special (which I confirmed with him that it'll survive as long as the ingredients are fresh).  I supported him at the City Hall farmers market to Eastside Farmers Market to the stint at HEB to the Conservatory. I look forward to going there for a beautiful day to enjoy a cup of coffee and crepe.

Melange Creperie
711 Heights Blvd
Building B
Houston, TX 77007
http://www.houstoncrepes.com

No comments: