Monday, August 22, 2016

HRW: B&B Butchers

It's the annual Houston Restaurant Week.
This round we chose B&B Butchers.   So glad we had an early reservation, it was packed to the gills.
For start, I got the bellini.  Wish it was a tad cold, and they are super generous with the alcohol for sure.
First course: Wedge Salad.  It's one of the better ones I've had.  Their version of the blue cheese is super delicious and I know the lettuce is mostly all water, but it's great to soak up the dressing.  YUM!
For my main course, I did 10oz Filet.  They also had a 18oz and a 22oz that was super enticing, but let's face it, I can barely handle 10oz.  No need to challenge my own limits here.   Plus, even with 10 oz, I didn't even finish.  I got medium, the top is slightly more cooked than the medium rare that my friend had.  Was thinking that it should be less pink.  That said, the meat is good, texture is smooth and you're not having jerky as you chew, so that's good.
Just having the filet seemed like it's missing something, so I ordered a side of mushroom.  I liked their versions, every bite you can taste the flavors.
For dessert, I got their chocolate cake.  Amazingly, the cake and the cream are very harmonious, not too sweet and not dry at all.  It was so good that it tipped me over.

I love Restaurant Week, it gives me an excuse to check out the restaurants I've been eyeing but not motivated to go.  This way, I'm doing good (because they donate portion of the proceeds to the Houston Food Bank), and I get a good meal out of it.  But if they offer a link for you to make a reservation, do it, otherwise, you'll be waiting for a long time.  

B&B Butchers
1814 Washington Ave
Houston, TX 77007
713-862-1814
http://bbbutchers.com/

No comments: