Tuesday, August 23, 2016

HRW: Grotto

I know I was just here recently, but HRW brought us back to Grotto by the Cool Moms consensus.
Since it's HRW, the choices featured are pretty diverse.  I like that because when you look at a menu that everything looks good, it makes it overwhelming.  This way, they feature some of each, and you pick what looks good to you, and next time you can come back for something else.  
First course I picked Caesar Salad.  I needed some veggie, plus I liked their Caesar with the parmesan cheese.  Yum!
Main course I picked the Seafood Ravioli.  As we were saying, alot of times you choose ravioli at restaurant, they give you a few squares and you're immediately hungry again.   You see 6 squares here, but let me tell you, I was full after having this dish.  Every bite is seafood with the white wine sauce.
Since the previous course was a tad heavy, I opted for gelato instead.  As your server for the flavors of the day.  I got pistachio, and they really put the pistachio nuts on top.  It was nice and crunchy, no stale nuts here

Again, we made a reservation especially when we had a large group.  One thing we were talking about is that because it was a party of 6, they included 18% gratuity, and while they do give you an option to give more, we all agreed that for a classy place like Grotto, 20% is norm.  By doing 18% it seems to discourage us to add a few more dollars and definitely undercut the server's tip.  But oh well, we get why they did it that way, but just thought it's totally ok to do 20%, even though it's truly matter of a couple dollars.

Grotto Houston
4715 Westheimer Rd
Houston, TX 77027
713-622-3663
http://www.grottorestaurants.com/locations/houston.asp

No comments: