Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Batanga

It has been a long time since I've been back to Batanga.
I vaguely remember that they're known for their tapas.
And a very instagrammable patio for happy hour.
They run all sorts of Happy Hour specials, so make sure you go check it out.
Got the Beef Taco and Fish Taco - which by the way, the Fish Taco I highly recommend.
Also a special on Flatbread, I have here Argentinian sausage (L) and Serrano Ham (R).
They were running a promotion on Wagyu slider, well, I will tell you don't waste your calories, it tasted like a regular slider to me.  So, just save it for something else like alcohol.
Patata Bravas - diced fried potato, but the special thing about this is their aioli sauce, it is super addictive.
Grilled beef skewers, it's the skirt steak but chew-y-er than I'd like.
We split some empanadas, there's Carne and Chicken here.  I really liked the Carne one.
Bacon wrapped date.  It's pretty good and if I wasn't full at this point, I would've eaten more if I could  fit them in.
So, I think this is one of the last place that has a payphone in their place and not for ironic or art reason.  I think they are functional, the problem I think most of us have nowadays is that we don't remember people's numbers like we used to.  Not to mention trying to find a quarter.

Batanga
908 Congress
at Travis
Houston, TX 77002
713-224-9500
https://batangahouston.com

No comments: