Thursday, November 15, 2018

Viet Express

Here's a cautionary tale of what not to do...
We saw a Vietnamese place between a cajun place and a burrito place.  And as the saying goes, curiosity kills the cat and this is the time that it does not pay off.
I ordered a Thai tea, I took two sips literally gave it back.  It just tasted horrible not just as a Thai tea, as a regular drink.
Got a regular pho with beef.  There was hardly any taste in there and the beef was over cooked, and as a regular pho connoisseur would know they want to leave the beef not too cooked because the broth is supposed to cook it some more.  Anyway, the entire experience food-wise was not good.

The server guy was a med student and I see him trying to give good service and get back to his chapter.  But let's just say the food is so bad that there's no helping him.  He asked how's everything I was just very truthful, not mean, telling him all that I just mentioned and he was taken aback some and apologized.  I told him, it's not his fault but it's just not good.

Viet Express
8057F Kirby Dr
Houston, TX 77054
832-968-3643



No comments: