Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Kata Robata

Was itching for some good Japanese food, so back to Kata we go!
Luckily, we caught Happy Hour.
Monday thru Saturday from 3p - 6:30p, lots of good deals.
Not something I usually get, Califlower, fried with mayo and soy sauce with bonita flakes.
Agedashi Tofu (my favorite)
Kobe Beef Taco - it's so yummy, I can eat this for days.
Every time I came in, I must get Uni Sushi.  So nice and fresh, never slimy or fishy.
Japanese Amberjack Sashimi with Foie Gras, one of my all time favorite here.  You really must wrap the sashimi, which is nice and thinly cut around the foie with a bit of the olive oil and hazelnuts and do it in one bite to get all the flavors from the dish.
Last but not least, we shared a bowl of Spicy Soy Ramen, luckily, it wasn't too spicy for a wimpy like me.  There's braised ground pork, noodles, egg, chives, sprouts, chili oil.  Very hearty and definitely warm for a cool night.  I highly recommend it.

As usual, for weeknights, I always make a reservation.  Call ahead or book online.

Kata Robata
3600H Kirby Dr
Houston, TX 77098
713-526-8858
https://www.katarobata.com

No comments: