Monday, August 5, 2019

Aka Sushi

Haven't been back to AKA a while...
Taking advantage of the weekend Happy Hour, of course.
My lunch comes with a salad and miso soup.
My stomach was bigger than my eyes, so here's some agadeshi tofu.  I just love the fried tofu with the soy sauce, can't even explain it.
I got the Chirashi, which I love because for the price, you get more than you would for regular ordering sushi.  On top of that, you get a wide array of protein.  Now granted, the bottom layer is all rice, it's basically sushi deconstructed.  At the end, they go to the same place, so it's ok however it come.  That said, their fish are fresh and the rice is vinegar rice, so it is actually like eating sushi without nori.

One thing I love about coming here is my server.  He's been here forever, but before that he was downtown for a long time and before that, he first worked at a place on Kirby.  He has literally been a server in Japanese restaurants since the 90s.  That said, he is always friendly, very alert of what's going on at the table, if your tea is low, if you didn't eat something do you want to swap something out and so on.  Very attentive.  Definitely how service should be and you can get that here.  Love that guy.

Aka Sushi
2390 W. Alabama St
Houston, TX 77098
713-807-7875
http://www.akasushi.net


No comments: