Monday, August 19, 2019

HRW - Coppa

This is actually my 1st Houston Restaurant Week this year.
I know Coppa always deliver, so was looking forward to it.
For my 1st course, I started out with the Barrata with Heirloom tomato, so it's funny because there weren't too many tomatoes but a nice little green mix, which went well with the cheese.
 For my main course, I got the Spaghetti Carbonara, of course, the pastrami, egg yolk and parmesan cream that gets me every time.  It was so delicious that I want to ask for more parmesan cream.
 
For dessert, I got the Hazelnut Chocolate Cake, the hazelnut is in the gelato, and the cake is like a lighter version of brownie. 

We made a reservation for a large party, and to our surprise, they seated us in the Dough Room, so we instantly felt super special because we got this awesome private room.  Their service has always been superb, so that makes a nice evening.

My thing about Restaurant Week lately is that the dinners have raised their price to $45, there are still restaurants that charge $35 and it's not hard to find.  That said, it seems like over the years, the portions are getting smaller.  In this instance, the salad and dessert was smaller in portion, but I'm grateful the main course is the full portion size. 

Regardless, the Restaurant Week is doing good for the Houston Food Bank.  So I encourage you to participate with two more weeks left.

Coppa Osteria
5210 Morningside Dr
Houston, TX 77005
713-522-3535
https://www.coppaosteriahouston.com

No comments: