Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Amaya Coffee

Originally, I was down at Finn Hall to grab a cup of yummy coffee from one of my usual place.  But they were closed down for deep cleaning.  So, walk by the other coffee place...
At first, was kinda intimidated, it looked like a place that you better know your lingo before walking up the counter type place.
To my surprise, the hipster looking barista was taking the time to explain what they have to offer and recommended his favorite.
For mornings, they have some small offerings....
I got the Rosemary Currant Scone.  I thought that sounded interesting.  I love currant, never had that with rosemary before.  Result is that it's not too sweet but not really savory scone . Pretty nice.  Now, had I warmed it up before eating, it would've been even better.
So, what did the barista recommended?  The Lavender Latte.  Which as my coworker pointed out, it's an oxymoron because lavender has calming effect but caffeine obviously have the opposite effect.  So, maybe that helps neutralizes.  For me, the lavender honey in the mix is not too over powering like some artificial flavors are.  The coffee is mild, not so in-yo-face coffee, together it makes a very nice blend.  So, definitely going back for that.

By the way, Finn Hall is now going cashless, so most stalls are only accepting electronic payment or cards.  That said, if you have cash, they won't turn you away, they will ask that you buy a gift card and then use that to pay for food.  Just keep that in mind.

Amaya Coffee
in Finn Hall
712 Main St
Houston, TX 77002
https://www.finnhallhtx.com/amaya-coffee/

No comments: