Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Fluff Bake Bar

Been following Fluff Bake since forever.
Heard that they've moved out of Midtown especially after several burglaries, it's just good timing on their part.

Check out that cool mural outside of their building.  It does create a sense of happiness for me because I know something yummy is up ahead.

While they are mostly taking online order, owner and entrepreneur Rebecca Masson was telling me that she baked extra just in case for walk-ins.  And thank goodness for that.  I was running errands in the area and had a few minutes to kill and decided to stop by impromptu.

Picked up a few goodies. My waistline hates me, but my heart and tummy are happy.  

This is their only gluten free item the day that I stopped by, Fluffernutter.  Pretty nutty.
This is their Couch Potato Cookie, which had me intrigued.  It has potato chip, pretzel, cornflakes, marshmallow and chocolate chip.  
It is actually thicker than a regular cookie.  So, to my surprised, it's not super salty, nor super sweet.  It has a nice balance to it.  And the texture you cannot taste the pretzel or potato chips, but you do have flakes here and there meshed with marshmallow & chocolate chip.  I can taste each of the component if I were to look for it.  But first bite, it has a nice balance and had me craving for some coffee to go with it.
HAVE to get Black & White cookie, as Senifeld said: if people would look at the cookie, all the world problem would be solved.  I basically don't pass up one when it's in front of my face.  It's a nice cookie, harmonious between vanilla & chocolate.  I just like that the cookie itself is not too tea-cakey, which alot of bakeries do that.  The only problem with tea-cake style is that a lot of times they add a bit of lemon flavor to the batter.  Look, you have vanilla, you have chocolate, why add lemon?  Leave good itself alone and this cookie is doing just that.

Not pictured: Star Crossed Lovers & Blueberry Financier.  The Financier is not too heavy and true tea-cake style here.  It's a great summer dessert.  The Star Crossed Lovers is like a Snickers Bar and Rice Krispies Treat got married.  It is rice krispies in the middle, it has salted caramel, it has chocolate everywhere.  I will warn you, in this heat, that's the first thing that melts, eat fast!  I did, that's why there's no pictures.

If the name Rebecca Masson sounds familiar because she was on Top Chef Just Desserts a few years back.  She also has been active in the Houston Food scene and I've seen her participate Best Bites a few times.  Definitely go support local and support yummy food!  Online order ahead is highly encouraged!

Fluff Bake Bar
1701 W15th St
Houston, TX 77008
713-522-1900
https://www.fluffbakebar.com


No comments: