Tuesday, May 11, 2021

McHugh's tea - Mother's Day Tea to-go option

For Mother's Day, we're still not quite ready to dine-indoors...
Luckily, McHugh's tea has an to-go option just for that reason.

We have a very nicely plated dessert.  It has Rose Cupcake, Brownie, and Lemon Bar.  The Lemon Bar is pretty buttery and the Brownie is pretty darn chocolatey.

For tea sandwiches we have Cucumber sandwiches, which I thought that was too much butter on that.  Chicken Salad Sandwich which are pretty good.  Last but not least, Pimento Cheese sandwich which are as classic as they come. 

For scones, this was interesting... we got Vanilla Matcha and Blueberry scones that day.  I've never had Matcha scones before.  The flavor wasn't too empowering, it went well with the clotted cream, strawberry jam and lemon curd just fine.  The blueberry you can really eat chunks of the blueberries.  I really fell in love of the spread, all 3 of them are worthy.

So what about the 'tea' part of the tea?  Well, they give you these little tea bags and you can to pick your own tea on the wall.  At first, I thought they would brew it for me instantly, but instead they gave me the loose leaf tea in a 2oz bag with these filter tea bags to bring home.  Those bags cost anywhere from $10-12, so I'm pretty impressed with that.  Now, I have to get more tea bags or find my sifter.

Even for to-go you do need to make a reservation for it, so that they have enough for that day.  Also they are pretty clear that they do not text, even though their phone number does look like it wouldn't, it's a good o' fashion land line.  So, please make sure you speak to someone.  

McHugh's Tea
5305D Bissonnet St
Bellaire, TX 77401
713-218-6300
https://www.mchughtea.com

 

No comments: