Thursday, May 26, 2011

Food Truck Fest - OhMyGogi


At the 'haute mess' fest, one of the trucks that I was very much looking forward to wasOh My Gogi. It's a fun play on word between Oh My Gosh with Bulgogi. If you don't know what Bulgogi means, that is a style of Korean cooking, which includes marinated meat cooking over an open grill. You often find this at Korean restaurant.

What makes Oh My Gogi different, was that they billed themselves as a Korean BBQ & Mexican fusion. That idea just sounded intriguging and delicious... possibilities just seems endless. I would say that I was slightly disappointed, not at their food but they weren't ready when the gate open that day. Hungry attendees, myself included, was there bright and early on an empty stomach to make room for this highly anticipated truck, and they were waiting on supplies and didn't open almost 45 mins later.

That said, I will say that it was worth the wait. They fused the Mexican food favorites, tacos, quesadillas with the Korean marinate, sauce, and kimchi. It was delectable. While the spice may not be to some who are not used to it, for a whim like me who can't take much spice, it was not hard to eat.

I know they also have some sort of specialty taco, unfortunately they were out of it that weekend, but don't let that discourage you, go try it yourself!

OhMyGogi
www.ohmygogi.com

No comments: