Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Food Truck, LA edition

So, one of the musts the locals insisted on having me experience was these Mexican hot dog. How it was described to me is that it is definitely decadent and will hurt your tummy (with all that mixed in), but it's a must try experience.

For $5, you get: bacon wrapped hot dog (yes you read that right), topped with mustard, ketchup, and mayo. Then, they fill it to the top with pico de gallo mixed in with avacago (you are in California after all). Not to mention, the hot dog bun is toastted in the grease where they cooked the bacon wrapped sausage. Yep... grease city!

I went 'lite' and skipped the avacado, mustard and mayo. It was sure messy, but totally worth it.

This is my host, Vicky, taking a bite. Yum yum.

Where to find these guys... we were walking downtown LA in the Garment District where these stands are pretty much every corner. But just to be specific, it was near Michael Levin Fabric (which is a giant warehouse of fabric happyland), and that would be around 9th and Maple.


If not, follow your nose, you can't be too far off, trust me, you smell them toasting and cooking. $5, big dawg, fill you up. As to the tummy ache part, I guess because I'm accustomed to eating junk, no biggie on me. But I will say that is not for the faint of heart, or heart attack susceptible.

No comments: