Monday, May 30, 2011

Food Truck - SoCo Hey Cupcake!

My journey in Austin, is not complete until I have something sweet. I've driven by Hey Cupcake! many of times. While I kept thinking that this is a truly mobile business, come to find out, they have about 3 air-streamer locations and one permanent one. Who knew?! Not me!

If you go on their website, they have a cute little video about how they came to be, it was very cute... you have to see if for yourself. Surprising to me, their menu was very no frills, you got your Vanilla cake w/ Chocolate icing (the Standard), or Vanilla cake with Vanilla icing (Vanilla Dream), Chocolate cake w/ Vaniall icing (Snow Cap), or Chocolate cake with Chocolate icing (Double Dose). Of course they have the ever so famous Red Velvet, I think that's basically mandatory for any cupcakery.

The other flavors, but still not super creative was Strawberry w/ Cream Cheese icing (Sweetberry), Chocolate cake w/ Cream Cheese icing (Michael Jackson), and carrot cake (24 carrot).

I guess I'm so used to the creative stuff like Maple Bacon, Cinnamon Rolls, Cookies n' Cream (with the real cookies in the cupcake). That said, the cupcake isn't bad, it has a good texture on the cake, it did crumbled some when I unwrapped my cake portion of the dessert. The icing is very good, though, I would've love to see more of the icing topping the cake; but I understand that's their signature style.

Hey Cupcake!
1600 Block of S. Congress
Austin, Texas 78704
http://www.heycupcake.com

No comments: