Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Phamily Bites - Food Truck

The next stop is Phamily Bites.  They were parked at Liberty Station on Washington.
I just love their logo... totally clever!  And they do have cups of pho noodles, and bahn mi sandwiches.  Mind you, neither of these are brand new food items, but these guys found a way to make it popular, so I'm totally excited for that.
What I don't see much in Houston is a place that serves Musubi.  Musubi is super popular in Hawaii, which they are the largest consumer of Spam out of the country.  Spam is so much part of their day-to-day lives that I'm impressed that Phamily Bites is bringing it main stream.  Spam seems to have this big stigma in the mainland that most people don't like it.  But seriously, give that a chance, it'll surprise you.

Here, I have the Roybeezee, which is Spam over rice with fried egg on top wrapped in nori paper.  Not be frank, I have Spam on a pretty regular basis, so I don't feel one way or the other.  To me, it's like having breakfast on rice with some seaweed.
For dessert, I had the Sesame Balls, which is a Chinese dim sum dish where they have aduzi (sweet red bean) bean mix inside the glutenous ball.  It is deep fried and covered with sesame seeds.  To top it off, they drizzled a little condense milk on the bottom to soak it up.  It is definitely the restaurant quality.  Definitely thumbs up!

Phamily Bites
http://www.phamilybites.com/
Follow them on twitter to trek them down.

And oh, they have a cool camera on their truck, you can take a bunch of pictures and they automatically loaded up on FB.  So friend them, and you get to see where they are and tag yourself in the meanwhile!


No comments: