Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Coreanos - Food Truck

As the food truck crawl journey continues... 

We come up to Coreanos.  They were parked in Kung Fu on Washington, and like I was mentioning yesterday, food truck pair with bar is awesome.  Good food with good booze.
The first time I heard of the Coreanos was when I walked by them in Austin.  The truck in Austin is much smaller than the one in Houston.  Their food is a mix of Korean food with Mexican street food.  Plus, they have a cool website.
When I saw that they have the LA Dog, I was super excited, since I had the real LA dog in LA. To my surprise, it wasn't close to the real LA dog.  First off, the buns are way too thick, which reminds me of SloDough bread.  The dog itself is wrapped in bacon and cooked.  With jalapeno and onion with mayo on top.

Unlike the true LA Dog, it had the bacon wrapped dog, topped with pico di gallo, ketchup/mustard/mayo with avocado.  Of course, the buns were just 6 to a bag type of hot dog buns, and it was cooked in a big pool of grease, and I think that really made the difference.
For a side of junk food, I ordered a side of fries.  I was tempted to order kim cheese fries, just curious what it is.  Instead, we got a side of season fries, they topped it with shredded cheese, ketchup mixed with hot sauce.  It does have a kick to it, but it is also so addictive that you just want to kept picking at it.

I'm still loyal to OhMyGogi, their quesadilla is still a bomb, and their fries is good enough to give you a heart attack because they're that good.  But it's good to know that Coreanos is here for my LA Dog or a decent Korean burritos.

Coreanos
http://houston.coreanostx.com/
don't forget to follow them on twitter or check their site for their schedule and locations.

2 comments:

Ronnie Walter said...

OhMyGogi Seared top sirloin taco Seafood n' Fruit sounds strange but preferences so good. Oriental Marinated Hen, Blazin' Shrimp all of these were so healthy and delicious.

Lone Mountain Truck Leasing Review

Lindy Stamper said...

Thanks Ronnie, I'll definitely give that a try next round!