Monday, October 22, 2012

Randolph's Bar - NY

When I was in NY, you get easily distracted with all these little places to look at things, to go shopping or to even take in the energy or the sights.  By the time I get hungry, realizing it's already 10pm and nothing respectable is a: has open seating, b: without wait of some sort.  So, what else?  I carried my tired self, my shopping bags, and my work stuff and got back to the hotel.  In I saw the hotel bar, and thought: ah ha!  I'll go eat there!

The bar inside the Warwick Hotel is right at the entrance of the hotel, very convenience, and they are opened till midnight.  
I order what I usually get at any bar: Midori Sour.  It taste more like a Jolly Rancher candy more than anything else but hey, it goes well with everything!
I was dying for some veggies and ordered the fried brussels sprouts.  Here's the thing: it's not very 'fried'.  If anything, it was greasy and too 'soupy'.  The problem is that this soup/grease mixture is making the sprouts all soggy.   
For my main course, I had the Lobster Mac & Cheese.  This was totally worth it.  There are tons of lobster meat and the cheese was awesome, not to mention the bread crumb on top was just the thing.  If you don't get anything else, you have to get this!

The servers were great and attentive, and that helps to make a tired night perfect.  Bartender makes great drinks and the food is good.  I think people overlook this place because it's inside the hotel, but definitely a good place to go.

Randolph's Bar
Inside the Warwick Hotel
54th & 6th.
http://www.warwickhotelny.com/manhattan-new-york-restaurant.aspx#new-york-city-hotel-randolph-bar

No comments: