Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Back to New Malaysia - NY

New job took me back to NY to train.  And you'd know that I'm going to go back to my old haunts.  Where the yummy food is, of course!  I haven't been back to New Malaysia since May this year.  Quite a bit had changed with the space, but the menu stayed consistent.

The expanded over to the unit next to it for more seating, and they do need it.  As most NY places are, they're tiny and you can't be fat to walk thru any of these places, but they get enough people coming thru for food that they can use that extra seating space.
Of course, I have to get my Chendol.  Coconut milk based drink with palm sugar and shaved ice.
This time I did the 3 Treasures dish.  You see here the fried egg, Hai Nan style chicken (hidden under the egg), and curry brisket.
I took the egg off the top so you can see the Hai Nan Style Chicken.  The curry sauce was awesome with the rice.  And oh, the rice is cooked in chicken broth from the Hai Nan Style chicken, so it is super flavorful.  They also have a nice portion of potato to go with the meal.

New Malaysia Restaurant
46-48 Bowery
(between Bayard St & Canal St) 
New YorkNY 10013
(212) 964-0284
http://newmalaysiarestaurant.com/menu.aspx

No comments: